Choosing the best Wedding Hairstyle for your big day
One of the most important decisions for your wedding day, after your choice of church and wedding dress, is your wedding hairstyle.
There are many choices you need to make based on several factors, hair length, hair colour, wearing your hair up or down and ensuring your wedding hairstyle compliments your wedding dress. Below we present some pointers and tips to ensure your chosen wedding hairstyle makes the most of your beauty on your wedding day.
- Your single best tip is to start early. Book consultations with several stylists and salons, to make sure you are comfortable with them, and to give them time to help you pick the best hairstyle.
- Starting early allows you to trial your chosen hairstyle out a couple of weeks before your wedding. This ensures that you feel comfortable wearing the style for several hours, and that it truly compliments your features.
- If you plan on wearing a veil - make sure you take it with you when you go for a trial styling.
- Show your stylist your wedding dress, so that the style created matches your dress, and doesn't detract from the lines or style of your wedding dress.
- Hair Length - Long hair gives your stylist the most options for the best hairstyle for your wedding day, and allows you more options to the length at which to wear your hair on the day. A skilled stylist will be able to work well with all lengths of hair.
- Get your hair cut and coloured a couple of weeks before your wedding (you should know your style by this time) this will help to avoid a fresh cut look on your wedding day, and help you appear more natural.
- Choose your hair accessories carefully, ensure your stylist knows what accessories you will be wearing on the wedding day, and is able to co-ordinate those with your chosen style. Anything worn in your hair should compliment it, not hide it.
Good look on your big day!